Congratulations! You're ready to invest in yourself with a boudoir session - I'm excited FOR you!
Prepare for your session:
- first, know that you are going to have a fantastic time; let's have fun!
- next, check out the Sara June Boudoir boards on Pinterest. They're organized nicely so feel free to spend some time looking for the perfect lingerie, accessories, shoes, and hair/makeup looks!
- I will send you a questionnaire to get to know you better and we'll schedule a time to talk about the outfits that you already have in your closet (usually done via FaceTime or in person). I am more than happy to suggest which colors and styles to look for if you're going to do some more shopping! We'll make sure to tailor your clothing choices to your personality! I usually suggest picking out a favorite sweater or boy shorts that you feel comfy AND sexy in. You'll feel much more prepared after this short 'meeting', I promise.
- Hit the stores! Some women love shopping online and others love taking a friend with them and spending an afternoon at the mall.
- Print out the packing list below and start gathering all of your goodies for our session!
The week before your session:
- start drinking lots of water! There's no better way to make your skin glow for your session than to be well hydrated!
- if you wax, make sure to do so no more than 4-5 days prior to your session. That'll give any red bumps some time to go away!
- a manicure and pedicure are in no way mandatory but they certainly do make you feel more pampered. I suggest having your nails done the day before your session!
The night before your session:
- try everything on one last time, take the tags off, steam/iron wrinkles out, etc. Because lingerie tends to be so thin and lacy, I do suggest to cut out ALL tags from your items so they don't show up in your photos.
- make sure your bags are packed and you're all ready to join me in the morning. If you need help with a packing list, check below!
- bathe, shave, moisturize well
- get a great night's sleep!
The morning of your session:
- eat a moderately sized meal that makes you feel good!
- wear loose fitting clothes. Anything that's tight or hugs your body may leave marks. Loose dresses, yoga pants, etc. are usually great choices. Avoid jeans, socks, leggings, etc.
- wear clear deodorant.
- wash and moisturize your face but there's no need to wear makeup since it will be professionally done prior to your session.
- arrive to your session 10-15 early, just in case of parking delays.
- GET PUMPED! You are going to have a great time and you will leave your session feeling pampered and on top of the world!
Packing lingerie, jewelry, shoes, accessories, and clothes can be overwhelming! Grab the printable packing list below to help you feel more prepared.
As always, if you have any questions, let me know! The last thing I want is for you to feel lost and overwhelmed before your boudoir session. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response.